Followers

Friday, December 2, 2011

Dots, Stripes and 80's Hearts!

Hello!
I opened my first advent calendar door last night! HOORAY! It's getting exciting! My four year old is super excited about Christmas this year. It's the first year he's REALLY understood what's going on and that makes it a million times more exciting. Here he is dressed as a star for his Christmas play:




So for these nails I used Barry M - Matt White as a base on the heart nails, and Collection 2000 Hot Looks - Bubblegum on the pointer and the ring finer. Then on the thumb, middle finger and little finger I used China Glaze - Flip Flop Fantasy, Collection 2000 Hot Looks - Parma Violet, China Glaze - For Audrey and China Glaze - Tuned Up Turquoise. I drew the hearts with a teeny tiny brush, and used a dotting tool for the dots. I wasn't sure about the colours at first; they're not as 'pretty' as I would normally like, but they've kind of grown on me - they remind me of an 80's music video - maybe something by Will Smith and Jazzy Jeff, or Mel and Kim! All I need now is some curly shoelaces, some cycling shorts and a really big T-shirt and I shall be the very spirit of the 80's!








For the pointer and ring finger I layered over the pink with a coat of E.L.F - Twinkle and then when that was dry, I used sticky labels cut into thin strips to create the stripes. A lot of people use scotch tape for stripes, but I always found that even over a really dry coat of Seche Vite scotch tape still has a tendency to pull the polish off, so I use sticky labels - like the ones found in stationary shops. I find them easier because you can cut everything you need out before you start and then just keep them on the backing paper until you're ready to use them. Putting polish over them softens up the sticky too, so they don't pull off any of the underneath polish when you remove them. I used some nail stickers I got from ebay on the stripes and topped everything off with a coat of Seche Vite. I kind of like them! What do you think?

I hope you're having a good advent! Is it too early to crack out the mince pies and mulled wine? Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you. If you would like to contact me you can email me at aimeeus_prime@hotmail.co.uk