Followers

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Obnoxious Neon Glittery Leopard Print and Hearts (phew!)

Oh my god.

I don't know what came over me or why I chose to do these ludicrously bright, totally tacky, SUPER AMAZING nails! They're so wrong, yet so, so right. They clash ridiculously with the grey, horrible outside, which I'm happy about, because someone needs to counteract the vileness that is OUTSIDE. It's hideous out there! I walked to uni this morning and was quite literally nearly blown away. Horrific. Anyway! Shield your eyes people, because these are BRIGHT!



Look at them. What possessed me?







I kind of really love them. They look amazing from a distance - really bright and I really like the colour with my skin tone. They look a bit blobby close up. This was kind of intentional because I didn't want the leopard print to be too perfect, I think it kind of looks better when it's a bit haphazard. I did the hearts with a nail art brush and the dots and white parts of the leopard with a dotting tool. I did the outside of the leopard print with one of those cheap nail art pens from ebay.

Here are the polishes I used:

China Glaze - Flip Flop Fantasy
Barry M - Matt White (it really annoys me that it's called 'matt' white and not 'matte' - why is it Matt? WHO is this Matt? And why is he so white
E.L.F - Purple sparkle
China Glaze - Snow Globe (for the glitter)
Unnamed Blue Ebay Nail Art Pen

I really love China Glaze polishes. The brushes are super easy to work with and the colours are AMAZING, but Flip Flop Fantasy is a little bit of a pain. It's really streaky and dries to a kind of almost matte/silk finish which I don't really like. It looks fine with a coat of Seche Vite on the top, but the finish is annoying. The only other China Glaze polish that has this finish is Tuned Up Turquoise which is such a beautiful colour, but it needs like four coats to make it look nice. Has anyone else had this with China Glaze or is it just me? It's only these two that do it, it's just annoying.


Sorry for blinding you with my totally seasonally inappropriate nails! I say BOO to convention!


Thanks for reading.


Aimee.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you. If you would like to contact me you can email me at aimeeus_prime@hotmail.co.uk