Sunday, February 5, 2012
11 Questions Tag!
So I got tagged by Maria at Maria's Polish Blog. Check her out! She's awesome :)
Here are the rules.
Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her.
No tag backs.
No stuff in the tagging section about 'you are tagged if you are reading this'. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
11 things about me!
01. If I went on Mastermind, my specialist subject would be Dragonball Z. I have every single episode, and film, and have seen them all numerous times.
02. If my specialist subject wasn't Dragonball Z, it would be The Discworld books by Terry Pratchett.
03. My hair is blue.
04. My hair has been every colour I can think of. Except blonde. Its never been blonde.
05. I hate cake. Its yuck. I don't like the texture or the taste, and I REALLY hate icing. It makes me feel sick.
06. I play ukulele, guitar and sing in a twee folk band. We write songs about science and David Attenborough.
07. I love David Attenborough!
08. I love weird experimental music and dance. I do a lot of work with contemporary dance companies making music for them out of sounds I've recorded, like motorbikes, water, metal railings.
09. I hate my chin. It's totally ridiculous!
10. I'm in my final year of a music degree at Plymouth Uni. I'm hoping to go to SOAS to do my masters degree in ethnomusicology.
11. I can say the alphabet backwards in like.. ten seconds. :) I can also take my socks off without using my hands. I am talented. Haha.
Here are Maria's 11 questions for me
01. How long has Nail Polish been an “obsession”? -
Ummmm... oh gosh. I don't know! I started collecting maybe last year but I remember being really into nail art when I was about 15.
02. Why did you start your blog?
I wanted to share my nail art with like minded people. Most of my friends aren't really into stuff like that. We're not very girly.
03. What was/is the hardest thing about being a new nail polish blogger?
Not knowing whether you're doing it right or not! I'm always so worried about making some faux pas I didn't know about. Also: getting noticed without being pushy is hard. I've found most people are lovely though.
04. What kind of nail art do you love the most at the moment?
Um, freehand I think, but stamping is awesome too! I wish I could water marble.
05. What kind of nail art is the most difficult for you, something you are struggling to learn, if anything?
Water Marbling! I CANNOT DO IT!
06. What are your 3 favorite brands of nail polish?
China Glaze, OPI and a-england.
07. What do you like the best about being a nail polish blogger?
Being inspired by other people's art. And it is art. My lecturer saw some of our nail pictures the other day and he was like... that's art! YEAH!
08. How many days ahead do you prepare blog posts – if at all?
Um.. I don't... I just write and post :)
09. How many fingers do you polish for swatches/taking photos of them?
I haven't swatched properly yet, but I'd be interested in other people's answers to this!
10. Do you do swatch marathons if the weather is nice and you have the time, to have something to fill in “the vault” for later busy days?
11. What do you prefer to see/read on nail blogs, you can choose more: swatches, nail art, comparisons, DIY ideas, product reviews?
I like all of above for different reasons. If I want to buy a colour I'll always look at swatches to find my favourite so I really appreciate bloggers swatching colours, but I also LOVE nail art!
Here are my 11 questions for you guys
01. What's your favourite polish blog?
02. Where is your favourite place in the whole wide world?
03. When you logon to the internet, what's the first site you visit?
04. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
05. What kind of music do you like?
06. What's your favourite polish brand, if you had to pick just one?
07. What would be your dream job?
08. Animal paint - gaudy or amazing? :)
09. How many polishes do you own?
10. How do you store your polishes?
11. What's your favourite kind of nail art?